I'm getting Bimax with Sliding Genioplasty to move chin back. Surgeon said sliding genio might cause extra tissue? Do I push him to do it anyway??

Quest

Quest

Iron
I'm getting Bimax in Philadelphia with Dr. Daniel Taub.

I asked him for 1cm advancement of my upper and lower jaw. He said "thats a lot of movement". That was a red flag to me because there's no point in getting this surgery if there isn't a big movement. I'm gonna push him to do 1cm

He also said Sliding Genioplasty wouldn't look good because a genioplasty moving the chin back would "create extra sagging tissue around the chin area". Do I push him to do the Sliding Genioplasty anyway? I have a prominent chin and a cleft chin

Attachments

• GMXxyV-WcAAPyAC.jpeg
    GMXxyV-WcAAPyAC.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: coisbhai
I asked him for 1cm advancement of my upper and lower jaw. He said "thats a lot of movement". That was a red flag to me because there's no point in getting this surgery if there isn't a big movement. I'm gonna push him to do 1cm
1 cm is a lot in facial aesthetics. Beware of the uncanny valley look.

You must take harmony into consideration, what would feel off if you made a big change, would that feature then be a focus and all those things. That's how people end up botched. They misplan and underestimate the importance of facial harmony when they correct falios one by one.

Having an ideal chin isn't the same as having an ideal chin for your particular set of facial features.

• +1
Reactions: greycel, got.daim, normie_joe and 1 other person
1 cm is a lot in facial aesthetics. Beware of the uncanny valley look.

You must take harmony into consideration, what would feel off if you made a big change, would that feature then be a focus and all those things. That's how people end up botched. They misplan and underestimate the importance of facial harmony when they correct falios one by one.

Having an ideal chin isn't the same as having an ideal chin for your particular set of facial features.

I really wanna do the sliding genioplasty. There has to be a way to deal with the excess tissue. Do I push him to do lipo?

I really wanna do the sliding genioplasty. There has to be a way to deal with the excess tissue. Do I push him to do lipo?
you should fully softmax first, including leanmax. Then consider surgery

I'm getting Bimax in Philadelphia with Dr. Daniel Taub.

He also said Sliding Genioplasty wouldn't look good because a genioplasty moving the chin back would "create extra sagging tissue around the chin area". Do I push him to do the Sliding Genioplasty anyway? I have a prominent chin and a cleft chin

1 cm upper != 1 cm lower.

1 cm upper is astronomical. 1 cm lower is substantial.

Do not suggest these nonsensical movements to your surgeon unless you want to end up like him

Botched by jonathas claus in b1

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: IMOGYOU, russiancelreturns, got.daim and 1 other person
1 cm upper != 1 cm lower.

1 cm upper is astronomical. 1 cm lower is substantial.

Do not suggest these nonsensical movements to your surgeon unless you want to end up like him

View attachment 2935952
They just over advanced mandible and chin, looks like he now has an underbite. Maxilla is fine
Picsart 24 05 22 00 25 14 927

• +1
Reactions: not__cel
You already have a pretty deep labiomental fold (the line between ur chin and lips). If you do a sliding genio, that's going to get even worse. Do NOT do 10mm movement of maxilla that's retarded! If you're going to be involved in the design process, do some 3d planning with your surgeon otherwise high chance of botch. A small 3-5mm genio could be good, but impossible to tell without 3d modeling.

You already have a pretty deep labiomental fold (the line between ur chin and lips). If you do a sliding genio, that's going to get even worse. Do NOT do 10mm movement of maxilla that's retarded! If you're going to be involved in the design process, do some 3d planning with your surgeon otherwise high chance of botch. A small 3-5mm genio could be good, but impossible to tell without 3d modeling.
How much movement of the maxilla and lower jaw do i ask for?

for reference, my teeth dont show when I talk or smile. I have a very narrow face and narrow face.

1cm is insane movement bro

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
Help me, how much movement do I ask for?

1cm is insane but I want as big of a difference as possible...
Ur gonna get botched

The movement depends mostly on ur current situation

What do I tell my surgeon? i'm meeting with him June 13. Help me looksmax forum
Bro are u even recessed? Do u need bimax?

Bro are u even recessed? Do u need bimax?
Maxresdefault1

Yes, my face looks like that in the before pic. My smile is very narrow and you cant see my teeth when I smile or talk. I have short face syndrome

View attachment 2938288
Yes, my face looks like that in the before pic. My smile is very narrow and you cant see my teeth when I smile or talk. I have short face syndrome
Your best bet would be asking in Reddit In the jaw surgery subforum

• +1
Reactions: greycel
He also said Sliding Genioplasty wouldn't look good because a genioplasty moving the chin back would "create extra sagging tissue around the chin area".

You are saying you really want Genio but i am confused. Do you want your chin moved forward or backwards ?

you should fully softmax first, including leanmax. Then consider surgery

What a fucking retard to be on the cosmetic surgery subforum and say this

You are saying you really want Genio but i am confused. Do you want your chin moved forward or backwards ?
Move the chin backward. I feel like my chin is too prominent. I'm getting BSSO to move my lower jaw forward