I'm getting Bimax with Sliding Genioplasty to move chin back. Surgeon said sliding genio might cause extra tissue? Do I push him to do it anyway??

Quest

Quest

Iron
I'm getting Bimax in Philadelphia with Dr. Daniel Taub.

I asked him for 1cm advancement of my upper and lower jaw. He said "thats a lot of movement". That was a red flag to me because there's no point in getting this surgery if there isn't a big movement. I'm gonna push him to do 1cm

He also said Sliding Genioplasty wouldn't look good because a genioplasty moving the chin back would "create extra sagging tissue around the chin area". Do I push him to do the Sliding Genioplasty anyway? I have a prominent chin and a cleft chin

Attachments

• GMXxyV-WcAAPyAC.jpeg
    GMXxyV-WcAAPyAC.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: coispet
I asked him for 1cm advancement of my upper and lower jaw. He said "thats a lot of movement". That was a red flag to me because there's no point in getting this surgery if there isn't a big movement. I'm gonna push him to do 1cm
1 cm is a lot in facial aesthetics. Beware of the uncanny valley look.

You must take harmony into consideration, what would feel off if you made a big change, would that feature then be a focus and all those things. That's how people end up botched. They misplan and underestimate the importance of facial harmony when they correct falios one by one.

Having an ideal chin isn't the same as having an ideal chin for your particular set of facial features.

• +1
Reactions: silencio
1 cm is a lot in facial aesthetics. Beware of the uncanny valley look.

You must take harmony into consideration, what would feel off if you made a big change, would that feature then be a focus and all those things. That's how people end up botched. They misplan and underestimate the importance of facial harmony when they correct falios one by one.

Having an ideal chin isn't the same as having an ideal chin for your particular set of facial features.

I really wanna do the sliding genioplasty. There has to be a way to deal with the excess tissue. Do I push him to do lipo?

I really wanna do the sliding genioplasty. There has to be a way to deal with the excess tissue. Do I push him to do lipo?
you should fully softmax first, including leanmax. Then consider surgery