should i start tinting cars over the summer?

NoCope

NoCope

Silver
I think its the perfect business. I offer to work for free at some tint company for a month, learn how to tint cars. then, just create a google maps business, and tint few cars for free (to get 5 star reviews + to practice). it takes 30 minutes to tint a car, minimum cost is $160 (materials will be no more than $15). i live in a place with very high demand for tints. This honestly seems like a no loss option to go for instead of wageslaving all summer like I did in the past (@91302 thoughts?). I will be offering "mobile tinting" and come to their address for free: this way I pay $0 for rent, plus it's a selling point on its own tbh

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: no clue and 91302
(tldr)

Work day will look like this: fuck around, go to beach, etc - if you get a call, schedule a time and find 30-60 mins to dedicate. If too much work to handle -> hire first worker, start of something big

There are lots of better ways to make money than tinting cars on the side.

• +1
Reactions: no clue
There are lots of better ways to make money than tinting cars on the side.
it's mostly from how safe and confident of an investment it is. getting good at tinting is an achievable task, and the only prerequisite to start getting paid ~$200 per 30-60 mins of worktime. it's all about repetition, but it becomes easier and easier as you go. Secondly, it's a legitimate business need that's missing in my area.

it's mostly from how safe and confident of an investment it is. getting good at tinting is an achievable task, and the only prerequisite to start getting paid ~$200 per 30-60 mins of worktime. it's all about repetition, but it becomes easier and easier as you go. Secondly, it's a legitimate business need that's missing in my area.
because once that's done, getting business to become popular in local area is an easier task for me. There is zero competition, no zoomers who grew up on this shit, only middle aged spanish dudes who don't even speak English. Getting things viral online is the secret sauce here

because once that's done, getting business to become popular in local area is an easier task for me. There is zero competition, no zoomers who grew up on this shit, only middle aged spanish dudes who don't even speak English. Getting things viral online is the secret sauce here
I can even begin teaching people how to start their own tinting business, and earn just as much from it passively :soy:

because once that's done, getting business to become popular in local area is an easier task for me. There is zero competition, no zoomers who grew up on this shit, only middle aged spanish dudes who don't even speak English.
If there's no competition what makes you so confident it's worth something?
Getting things viral online is the secret sauce here
IDK when something has a low cost of entry like tinting, it gets saturated fast. What you're trying to do doesn't sound sustainable.

• +1
Reactions: NoCope
There is, just not in my area. It's more of a hood, garage type of vibe. I will bring a professional, modern, young hip vibe into this. There are no businesses at play rn, only individuals. My goal is to make it a business.
IDK when something has a low cost of entry like tinting, it gets saturated fast. What you're trying to do doesn't sound sustainable.
I live in Miami. i don't think it will ever get saturated. Not only every black person gets one, every white person gets it too. if young guys go for aesthetics, older people opt in for a $700+ options which keep heat away. Not having a tint on your car is simply not acceptable here

But what would you offer? I really love the idea of the money lending business you told me about, but it's on standby until i see a 4+ digit number in my bank account + would prefer something where I am more competent (good at blowing up on social media, viral content, selling shit online, using creative ways to get people on ur website/account/video/etc)

But what would you offer?
My honest answer would be work ur ass off at a normal job until you have enough capital so start something sustainable.

+ would prefer something where I am more competent (good at blowing up on social media, viral content, selling shit online, using creative ways to get people on ur website/account/video/etc)
How old r u bro. That you associate success and social media fame so closely? You've never heard of me and im 20 with a 7fig net worth.

I think its the perfect business. I offer to work for free at some tint company for a month, learn how to tint cars. then, just create a google maps business, and tint few cars for free (to get 5 star reviews + to practice). it takes 30 minutes to tint a car, minimum cost is $160 (materials will be no more than $15). i live in a place with very high demand for tints. This honestly seems like a no loss option to go for instead of wageslaving all summer like I did in the past (@91302 thoughts?). I will be offering "mobile tinting" and come to their address for free: this way I pay $0 for rent, plus it's a selling point on its own tbh
Assuming that your a high schooler, this is not a bad idea. I recommend taking this money that you earn and invest if you know whats good for you in the long term.

If your not in highschool or college, maybe aim for somethin higher. Some people are unhoused on this forum I swear.

My honest answer would be work ur ass off at a normal job until you have enough capital so start something sustainable.
I get about $800-900 a month from part time jobs currently, but back down to a 0 after getting a car. I will recover in time

How old r u bro. That you associate success and social media fame so closely? You've never heard of me and im 20 with a 7fig net worth.
18. I associate fame with success not because "wow, cool, im famous", but because having a platform for super effective and cheap advertisement is akin to circumventing the biggest bottleneck known for businesses (by operating online and relying on guerilla social media tactics, you spend $0 on rent, and $0 on advertisement - and if done smartly, which it must be, will bring way more value than the traditional approach). Also, my other "side hustle" is a YT channel - I naturally gravitate towards that because it's way easier for me to do so. Just having eyes on you is an advantage, and do it for a long enough time, and you become an abstract concept ingrained in collective unconsciousness which is impossible to forget

I get about $800-900 a month from part time jobs currently, but back down to a 0 after getting a car. I will recover in time

18. I associate fame with success not because "wow, cool, im famous", but because having a platform for super effective and cheap advertisement is akin to circumventing the biggest bottleneck known for businesses (by operating online and relying on guerilla social media tactics, you spend $0 on rent, and $0 on advertisement - and if done smartly, which it must be, will bring way more value than the traditional approach).
I'm all for an online approach, which is why I'm not sure why you'd start a business that is impossible to run solely online. Like tinting cars.

I guess it depends on what road you want, I personally only care about the number in my bank accounts, which doesn't depend on TikTok or any other social media trends that come and go, which you will inevitably become a slave to.
Also, my other "side hustle" is a YT channel - I naturally gravitate towards that because it's way easier for me to do so. Just having eyes on you is an advantage, and do it for a long enough time, and you become an abstract concept ingrained in collective unconsciousness which is impossible to forget
Shorts are decent, but pay pennies. Not bad considering YT is npc work lol.