Regret doing CS, don't know what to do now.

S

SplashJuice

Iron
I regret this cursed degree, it's difficult and you need a lot of patience for it, that wouldn't be a problem if the job market for it wasn't so fucked. It's getting harder and harder to land an internship and job after university.

I should have gotten into Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering, at least there's plenty of jobs in that at my location, whereas in CS it doesn't seem promising anymore.

I'm in 3rd year and I feel like it's way too late now to switch now since I'm nearing the end of the degree. I still haven't found an internship yet, should I keep at it, if not what alternatives are there?

• +1
Reactions: denthegodking, Pride, St.TikTokcel and 3 others
you and many CS grads will end up on IT helpdesk the way the market is going Lol

• +1
Reactions: Respalier, denthegodking, rand anon and 1 other person
I regret this cursed degree, it's difficult and you need a lot of patience for it, that wouldn't be a problem if the job market for it wasn't so fucked. It's getting harder and harder to land an internship and job after university.

I should have gotten into Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering, at least there's plenty of jobs in that at my location, whereas in CS it doesn't seem promising anymore.

I'm in 3rd year and I feel like it's way too late now to switch now since I'm nearing the end of the degree. I still haven't found an internship yet, should I keep at it, if not what alternatives are there?
offer people work for free for like a week, if they like it they will hire but if they dont then you have work experience on your resume

• +1
Reactions: Respalier, Crimson and SplashJuice
offer people work for free for like a week, if they like it they will hire but if they dont then you have work experience on your resume
It's scary how many people in the IT field are resorting to this

• +1
Reactions: Respalier, denthegodking and Crimson
It's scary how many people in the IT field are resorting to this
its genuinely crazy bro, idk how i will find an income too. im 14 and i got rejected from 9 stores already

• +1
Reactions: denthegodking
it do be a little hard rn and i don't think in the next 2 years its letting up but its still possible just gotta be like the best i guess i still get interviews i just struggle at finding shit to apply to nowadays

Lol same as you, 3rd year compsci. I managed to get an internship on my 2nd interview despite shit grades and honestly just being a lazy depressed incel nigger. Think they like me so i’m likely to get a job back after I graduate. Problem is it’s in the office 5 days a week, which is the purest suifuel i’ve ever experienced. I’ll rope within a year if I go back there. It’s either wfh for me or do physical work at a supermarket or warehouse or some shit.
I want to move out after graduation but like you said the market is shit so I doubt i’ll be able to accomplish my goals, so again if I have to stay in my shitty little city working in an office, i’m going to rope soon.

• JFL
Reactions: greycel and St.TikTokcel
CS is unfathomably easier if you pick it up in Highschool or whatever is your nations equivalent.

Unfortunately I didnt I've dropped it and will do an Econ degree

• +1
Reactions: Zelenskyiv
CS is unfathomably easier if you pick it up in Highschool or whatever is your nations equivalent.

Unfortunately I didnt I've dropped it and will do an Econ degree
My hs didn’t even have it back then. I was a chud that looked up to hackers when I was younger so I liked the idea of coding but when I actually tried it in college I realized I was too retarded for it. I understand concepts but not really how to apply them. I wish I did something like electrical engineering or mechanical because sitting down at a computer typing shit makes me feel like the most useless bugman faggot ever. I want something more meaningful than moving pixels. I know that i’d be even more retarded in other engineering majors though since I can’t get chatgpt to make me stuff lol.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: greycel, BrahminBoss, St.TikTokcel and 1 other person
Thinking of dropping the CS degree as well even though final year is approaching. Such a waste of time. At best I'll be earning 700 dollars per month JFL and that's after 200 rejected applications.

• +1
Reactions: denthegodking, Graham, BrahminBoss and 1 other person
Thinking of dropping the CS degree as well even though final year is approaching. Such a waste of time. At best I'll be earning 700 dollars per month JFL and that's after 200 rejected applications.
What are your grades like?

• +1
Reactions: St.TikTokcel
What are your grades like?
Getting gibs for being a good goy but they will end soon since I can't be arsed to put at least 1% of effort into any of this.

• +1
Getting gibs for being a good goy but they will end soon since I can't be arsed to put at least 1% of effort into any of this.
So Poland isn’t good for tech? I’m a Russiancel but I have family living in Poland and tbh I wanted to move there after I graduate since I hate the west. Is it a mistake?

• +1
So Poland isn’t good for tech? I’m a Russiancel but I have family living in Poland and tbh I wanted to move there after I graduate since I hate the west. Is it a mistake?
Just like in any fourth world country, it's shite. Everything is zogged, corpocucks get paid 700 for working 50 hours per week. Better off rotting in a ditch @russiancelreturns

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: russiancelreturns and Zelenskyiv
Just like in any fourth world country, it's shite. Everything is zogged, corpocucks get paid 700 for working 50 hours per week. Better off rotting in a ditch @russiancelreturns
I don’t think it’ll be much better if I stay in UK, I hate it here. I don’t belong here. I want to go back to my fellow slavniggers.

• JFL
I don’t think it’ll be much better if I stay in UK, I hate it here. I don’t belong here. I want to go back to my fellow slavniggers.
Won't exist by the time you comeback. Slavoids are only known for chimping out at each other.

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss and Zelenskyiv
Won't exist by the time you comeback. Slavoids are only known for chimping out at each other.
I will make sure to come back just in time to rape and exterminate slav whores if shit hits the fan.

• JFL
My hs didn’t even have it back then. I was a chud that looked up to hackers when I was younger so I liked the idea of coding but when I actually tried it in college I realized I was too retarded for it. I understand concepts but not really how to apply them. I wish I did something like electrical engineering or mechanical because sitting down at a computer typing shit makes me feel like the most useless bugman faggot ever. I want something more meaningful than moving pixels. I know that i’d be even more retarded in other engineering majors though since I can’t get chatgpt to make me stuff lol.
Just get the degree and do an MBA

• +1
Reactions: greycel and Zelenskyiv
Just get the degree and do an MBA
Idk if i’d want to do an extra 1-2 years while working so basically having no free time. I’m a full-time rotter incel lazy nigger subhuman at heart. I doubt i’ll live for long after 30 so idk if I want to waste time grinding a master’s. I’d need to improve my GPA too for my final year.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Idk if i’d want to do an extra 1-2 years while working so basically having no free time. I’m a full-time rotter incel lazy nigger subhuman at heart. I doubt i’ll live for long after 30 so idk if I want to waste time grinding a master’s. I’d need to improve my GPA too for my final year.
dont work while doing an MBA dude. Get the MBA and ur starting salary would be higher

• +1
dont work while doing an MBA dude. Get the MBA and ur starting salary would be higher
That would mean living with my parents until 25 at least jfl. Idk bro, it’d be good in an ideal environment but a) my parents are fucking degenerate subhumans and I want to get away from this mental asylum ASAP and b) I want to get out of the UK ASAP too.

• +1
Reactions: Respalier
Location matters a lot. Where are you based? (I also have a CS degree and jobs aren't that difficult to come by compared to other degrees)

• +1
Reactions: kiyopon and IndraBC
All the same

Location matters a lot. Where are you based? (I also have a CS degree and jobs aren't that difficult to come by compared to other degrees)
how important is stuff like DSA, operating systems and discrete math?

Not really important in my location (EE). Seems like they are more important in the US. All my interviews were practical tasks based, i.e. can you get the job done, etc. I've studied DSA, discrete math, etc. tho, but interviewers don't really care in general

I'm super happy with my CS Master's TBH the only drawback was the severe lack of foids due to ratios (80% male 20% female)
Keep in mind if you can finish this degree it probably means you're 120 IQ+ (avg. IQ of computer science graduate is 125 iirc). You shouldn't have problems in the job market, unless you're in a hypercompetitive environment like Silicon Valley and the likes.

And I really upskilled once I got my first internship, was way easier for me to leverage it for jobs afterwards and you gain a lot of practical experience doing an intership. So yeah go for the internship brah