Question for those who are bi/trilingual

D

Deleted member 16369

Mood swings
Did your ability to speak your native language change when you learned a new language, whether it be positive or negative? Do you ever mix up words from the languages you speak? Do you understand language as a whole, better after you learned your 2nd/3rd language?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2832, Marsiere214, chawaje and 8 others
Tagging bilingual/trilingual cels.

@ihatereddit
@juste
@Psychophilly
@exo
@_MVP_
@Iasacrko
@zassus
@WayneSarcosuhus

• +1
Reactions: Manletmachine
im shit at languages
literally learned to kind of speak english online

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 16369
Did your ability to speak your native language change when you learned a new language, whether it be positive or negative? Also if you've known multiple languages since you were little do you ever mix up words from the languages you speak? Did you understand language as a whole, better?
yes

im shit at languages
literally learned to kind of speak english online
Really? How well did you speak English before you started to learn it online?

No
No
Yes

• +1
sometimes i struggle to find the persian term of something because the English one keeps popping up in my head. my Persian sentence structure might have changed a bit tho it's very similar. i also constantly use English words while speaking Persian, annoys my friends and family but i'm not doing it on purpose.
many people do this and they cope like a retard that "its because there isn't a Persian word for it" and it's because they don't know the Persian language completely.
all native speakers of any langauge assume they know their language but they don't. to learn your own language completely you need to read all literature of it and no one does that.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2832, Acne Victim, Deleted member 25938 and 3 others
I am billungal but I am bad at both swedish and english

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2832, WanderingBurro, juste and 1 other person
Really? How well did you speak English before you started to learn it online?
real bad i guess
but obviously i dont care to speak correctly
i just use it to spend time

• +1
I'm Bilingual
German ( Native )
English ( Learned )

But I know some French aswell so I am on the way of becoming Trilingual

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25938, WanderingBurro and Deleted member 16369
I sometimes forget words in Norwegian, and my inner dialogue is mostly in English now

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25938, Deleted member 16515, Manletmachine and 2 others
Also if you've known multiple languages since you were little do you ever mix up words from the languages you speak?
this made me think of something

I was in a "situationship" with a white girl
her native language is Afrikaans (very similar to Dutch) and mine is English but we both speak both languages. whenever she speaks English she mixes it up alot
for example, the word "mening" means opinion and whenever she wants to say opinion she says meaning
"I need your meaning on this dress" haha

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and Deleted member 16369
A side effect of rotting so hard online in an english-dominant part of the internet, is that my ability to speak my native language compared to english is almost the same. Im definitely not bad at verbally expressing myself in my NL, but i probably would've been way better if it wasnt for english. I often find myself coming up with sentences in english and translating them, whenver i try to speak my native tongue.

• Woah
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 26859, Psychophilly and Deleted member 16369
I sometimes forget words in Norwegian, and my inner dialogue is mostly in English now
This but romanian instead of norwegian. although i still only dream in romanian

• +1
Reactions: TUSSELEIF and Deleted member 16369
How is Norwegian like ? I really like it
Very similar to Swedish and Danish, written form it’s very similar to Danish, though Danish uses more F and D

• +1
Reactions: ArcticStorm
Very similar to Swedish and Danish, written form it’s very similar to Danish, though Danish uses more F and D
Thank you , sounds very interesting (y) :Comfy: :smonk:

• +1
Reactions: TUSSELEIF
I'm Bilingual
German ( Native )
English ( Learned )

But I know some French aswell so I am on the way of becoming Trilingual
Germanic language maxxed

• +1
Reactions: ArcticStorm
Choose one. Either you accept that I’m part “spic” as you put it, making it logical for me to know 4 languages or drop the whole wannabe racist act and try to deny my knowledge of several languages
You're LARPING , You ain't shit , you don't know over 2 languages

Why am I on this thread?

Why am I on this thread?
IMG 20230407 WA00333

• JFL
Reactions: flippasav
Do you even know what “Spic” is? It’s a construct, not a real race. Part of that 50% is 25% Spanish. I’m 75% European. I don’t think that merits the bs your Polak ass is spewing
Spanish people are Meds = Arabs in denial

And I'm Only 5% Czech Stop Fucking Calling Me "Polak"

Choose one, because there’s a 0% chance I’m Jewish through my Latin and Native ancestry.
Spanish people have Kike blood on top of being Arabs in denial since they're Meds

My Spanish dna goes back very far, probably unrecognizable in testing. Completely diluted and not part of my identity.
Why are you still replying to this pole? This dude is a joke he literally admitted to his eyebrows being invisible, dude probably is a skullcel as well. Even you mog the shit out of this "aryan"

No
No
Yes
I meant to say "Do you understand language as a whole, better?" instead of "Did you understand better".

After learning english do you think you understand all language better?

Did your ability to speak your native language change when you learned a new language, whether it be positive or negative? Also if you've known multiple languages since you were little do you ever mix up words from the languages you speak? Did you understand language as a whole, better?
1) Yeah my vocabulary is huge on my native language (Spanish)that I have no problem improvising sentiences to sound convincing wheter it`s telling a story or just chilling with the boys
2) I mean I have probably done it but I try to avoid Spanglish
3) Yeah I am capable of speaking with native gringos englishmen scottish australians etc
I watch series and movies without Spanish dub or subtitles since I think I focus more on the acting and the writing behind the show

• +1
1) Yeah my vocabulary is huge on my native language (Spanish)that I have no problem improvising sentiences to sound convincing wheter it`s telling a story or just chilling with the boys
2) I mean I have probably done it but I try to avoid Spanglish
3) Yeah I am capable of speaking with native gringos englishmen scottish australians etc
I watch series and movies without Spanish dub or subtitles since I think I focus more on the acting and the writing behind the show
Interesting, so after you learned English your Spanish improved?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20677
Could you do me a favor and grant me editing access to the OP? I want to make 1-2 corrections. @Gargantuan

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan and Deleted member 20677
Interesting, so after you learned English your Spanish improved?
Yeah I just found myself more interested on learning about everything because I had no problem reading or speaking about it
I would probably be a very good translator or could land a job at a Language School or whatever

• +1
Also if you've known multiple languages since you were little do you ever mix up words from the languages you speak?
Back when I was a kid and still used the language my parents grew up with I'd always mix and fuse the language with german. Literally 50/50 sentences

Can't answer the other questions though as I have completely stopped using the language.. Kind of a shame, I should try to relearn/reawaken it

• So Sad
Back when I was a kid and still used the language my parents grew up with I'd always mix and fuse the language with german. Literally 50/50 sentences

Can't answer the other questions though as I have completely stopped using the language.. Kind of a shame, I should try to relearn/reawaken it
What language?

Nah im autistic so I can learn languages a bit more efficiently than others including replicating the native accent

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 25938 and Deleted member 16369
Nah im autistic so I can learn languages a bit more efficiently than others including replicating the native accent
I was shocked when you told me that you’ve never lived in America. You sound like a Californian.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Iasacrko