Photographic memory

Imretarded?

Imretarded?

Solstice
How would you go about achieving or getting close to getting a photographic memory?

I have a general strategy for improving memory:
Lots of working memory intensive games
Doing mental math, for example doubling a number constantly and trying to remember it as it reaches the millions to billions.

Having a very strong memory is under rated, it significantly cuts the amount of time needed to learn something. Your working memory is the rate limiting function for the learning curve.

• +1
Reactions: nathan, 97baHater, lowiqNormie and 1 other person
How would you go about achieving or getting close to getting a photographic memory?

Doing mental math, for example doubling a number constantly and trying to remember it as it reaches the millions to billions.

Having a very strong memory is under rated, it significantly cuts the amount of time needed to learn something. Your working memory is the rate limiting function for the learning curve.
Do you take any nootropics?

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: northern mogger and Imretarded?
Not yet but I have extensively looked at Lion's mane.
Don't forget to try Alpha GPC. It increases acetylcholine levels in the brain and acetylcholine is used in nerve impulse transfer so it should have a positive effect on cognition and memory recall efficiency.

Make sure to look into bio availability of whatever supplement you are taking too, orals are typically subject to first pass hepatic metabolism so they can have decreased oral availability. L-carnitine is a popular supplement but most people don't get enough from their supps because it has a bad oral availability (10-30%) if im not mistaken so you actually have to megadose it. So make sure that when you buy your lions maane or whatever mushroom complex, research it's bio-availability before hand from multiple sources.

A supplement company that is well-trusted within the nootropics company and one I personally can vet out.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Love it
Reactions: Thebbcmaxxer, northern mogger, BrahminBoss and 1 other person
Forgive me if my formatting is all over the place, I have a fever and can't think straight.

• +1
  • So Sad
Forgive me if my formatting is all over the place, I have a fever and can't think straight.
In Love Cat GIF

Don't forget to try Alpha GPC. It increases acetylcholine levels in the brain and acetylcholine is used in nerve impulse transfer so it should have a positive effect on cognition and memory recall efficiency.

Make sure to look into bio availability of whatever supplement you are taking too, orals are typically subject to first pass hepatic metabolism so they can have decreased oral availability. L-carnitine is a popular supplement but most people don't get enough from their supps because it has a bad oral availability (10-30%) if im not mistaken so you actually have to megadose it. So make sure that when you buy your lions maane or whatever mushroom complex, research it's bio-availability before hand from multiple sources.

A supplement company that is well-trusted within the nootropics company and one I personally can vet out.
What about sublingual administration? That just goes straight to blood vessels as apposed to eating which has to go through digestive tract.

• +1
Reactions: northern mogger
What about sublingual administration? That just goes straight to blood vessels as apposed to eating which has to go through digestive tract.
Bypasses first pass metabolism so increase bio-availability. But compounds that aren't lipid soluble or have a heavier molecular weight can't be used in this manner so you have to check if whatever you want to take has it in sublingual form.

It is also harder to track dosages as it's efficiency in being absorbed is determined by the drugs' molecular weight so things can get pretty inconsistent.

• +1
  • Woah
Bypasses first pass metabolism so increase bio-availability. But compounds that aren't lipid soluble or have a heavier molecular weight can't be used in this manner so you have to check if whatever you want to take has it in sublingual form.

It is also harder to track dosages as it's efficiency in being absorbed is determined by the drugs molecular weight so things can get pretty inconsistent.
High IQ response. Thank you for your advice

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff

it's time for dopamine detox Jeffrey

• JFL
Reactions: coisbhai, n9wiff and Imretarded?

Bro alpha gpc is overrated just use nicotine caffeine b1 ( high dose) combo

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Imretarded? and n9wiff
Tbh man, I've never done any of this and I've got an alright memory.

But I'll give you some advice as to why I think that is:

1. I still possess that creativity I did, that most children lose when they become teenagers.
When they cross into the teenage years, they conform to societal views. This inhibits free thinking, ultimately limiting potential. Everyone acts the same, nobody thinks for themselves (or dares to think outside the box). Luckily, I was ostracized from groups growing up jfl, so it actually played to my benefit. I don't require others (I like to interact with others but it's not a necessity). I spent a lot of time by myself when I was younger, so I had to make up my own mind about stuff.

2. I'm constantly thinking of random stuff from the past.
When I try to fall asleep at night, I think of stuff I did in the past. Stuff that made me happy/sad/irritated whatever. This will improve your memory of that specific event/ text.

3. I make emotional connections to events that are occuring/ have occured.
Ever wonder how women remember so much stuff from the past when it comes to drama and relationships. It's because they take all those things to heart, whereas most guys don't care. Like I mentioned above, I spent a lot of time by myself when I was younger, so I had to make up my own mind about stuff. A child would have strong opinions on even the most mundane topics.
Recently, I have adopted the "I don't care" attitude about stuff, and am just coasting through life. I've also noticed that ever since I did this, my memory of certain converstations I've had has not been as sharp as it once was. Makes you wonder how sharp the memories of surfers might be.

4. Create a story while reading info.
Water tbh but very effective, especially when paired with the imagination/creativity from #1

• JFL
Reactions: Imretarded?
Tbh man, I've never done any of this and I've got an alright memory.

But I'll give you some advice as to why I think that is:

1. I still possess that creativity I did, that most children lose when they become teenagers.
When they cross into the teenage years, they conform to societal views. This inhibits free thinking, ultimately limiting potential. Everyone acts the same, nobody thinks for themselves (or dares to think outside the box). Luckily, I was ostracized from groups growing up jfl, so it actually played to my benefit. I don't require others (I like to interact with others but it's not a necessity). I spent a lot of time by myself when I was younger, so I had to make up my own mind about stuff.

2. I'm constantly thinking of random stuff from the past.
When I try to fall asleep at night, I think of stuff I did in the past. Stuff that made me happy/sad/irritated whatever. This will improve your memory of that specific event/ text.

3. I make emotional connections to events that are occuring/ have occured.
Ever wonder how women remember so much stuff from the past when it comes to drama and relationships. It's because they take all those things to heart, whereas most guys don't care. Like I mentioned above, I spent a lot of time by myself when I was younger, so I had to make up my own mind about stuff. A child would have strong opinions on even the most mundane topics.
Recently, I have adopted the "I don't care" attitude about stuff, and am just coasting through life. I've also noticed that ever since I did this, my memory of certain converstations I've had has not been as sharp as it once was. Makes you wonder how sharp the memories of surfers might be.

4. Create a story while reading info.
Water tbh but very effective, especially when paired with the imagination/creativity from #1
mirin head in the clouds maxxing. I do this too.

• JFL
Reactions: coisbhai and greycel

i‘ve got episodic memory really nothing special tho got avrg iq

• JFL
I didn't know people didn't have photographic memory by default lol.

Draw things from your memory that you aren't 100% familiar with and increase the complexity over time.

• JFL

being able to remember thing fast and easily it's a superpower can get you to get any degree with no effort

• JFL
I have yet to see any evidence such a thing even exists. If it does, it must be one of the rarest conditions on the planet. Literal cheat code to life. Girl from GWTDT is portrayed as having such a memory.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Respalier and Imretarded?
I didn't know people didn't have photographic memory by default lol.

Draw things from your memory that you aren't 100% familiar with and increase the complexity over time.
That's not it, a person with a real photographic memory just takes a single look and perfectly remembers every detail.

• +1
Reactions: Respalier
That's not it, a person with a real photographic memory just takes a single look and perfectly remembers every detail.
The title is asking how to build it.

• +1
Reactions: Respalier

Adderall, or nicotine or caffeine.

• JFL