Does being good looking make it easier to make friends?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
Have noticed good looking guys have more friends (of both sexes)

Can understand women (they might see you as a potential suitor down the line) but are men more willing to be friends with you if you are more attractive? One can argue social skills/confidence but does that not arise as a result of years of positive feedback?

This works two-fold:

1. good-looking guys would be invited out more often, as people often invite those that they might sort of know (to parties, social gatherings, grabbing lunch with coworkers etc.), but good looking people would be more likely to get the benefit of the doubt and get the invite in the first place

2. And when they are invited out, they would be treated better- people would go out of their way to talk to them, they would receive more compliments, they would be bullied/ostracised less

As such, to what extent do you guys reckon looks and social skills/confidence matters when making other guys friends? 70% looks, 30% social skills/confidence? 20% looks 80% social skills/confidence? The Halo Effect could have something to do with it but do guys consciously seek to associate with good-looking men

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10913 and thecel

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1 and Deleted member 7820
Not directly correlated tbh, but gl people are usually more confident so that plays a role.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12146
Yes. When you are a good-looking man, other men treat you better. Also, because you are GL, you get confidence, which makes it easier to make friends. Also, it's easier to make female friends if you are a GL man.

Being a guy that gets pussy is a status halo like being rich or successful.

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Norwooder, Schizoidcel and 4 others
For female friends yeah, for male friends 50/50
I see plenty of big friend groups with both GL and ugly guys

Can understand women (they might see you as a potential suitor down the line) but are men more willing to be friends with you if you are more attractive? One can argue social skills/confidence but does that not arise as a result of years of positive feedback?

This works two-fold:

1. good-looking guys would be invited out more often, as people often invite those that they might sort of know (to parties, social gatherings, grabbing lunch with coworkers etc.), but good looking people would be more likely to get the benefit of the doubt and get the invite in the first place

2. And when they are invited out, they would be treated better- people would go out of their way to talk to them, they would receive more compliments, they would be bullied/ostracised less

As such, to what extent do you guys reckon looks and social skills/confidence matters when making other guys friends? 70% looks, 30% social skills/confidence? 20% looks 80% social skills/confidence? The Halo Effect could have something to do with it but do guys consciously seek to associate with good-looking men
ask @Amnesia

Yes

Just think about this, if he wanted to be your friend
7ECBE68F D7A8 4DC1 863B 136AAEE80AAD

You would accept him asap

If he wanted to be your friend tho...
2E91D91000000578 3327040 image m 3 1448025270396

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10177, EverythingMattersCel, klamus and 3 others
Status makes it easier to make friends
Being good eith women = high status
being GL = being good with women

ask @Amnesia

It has for me. When I worked at a night club last year a lot of straight guys would always be cool with me offer to hook me up with their gf's female friends so we could all go out and hang. Thy would want to hang with me to go pick up girls, and in general were just cool guys around me I had a ton of offers to make male friends.

Also when I went back to my high school reunion being a lot better looking I was accepted as cool by the popular kids, so yeah for me it's easy to make male friends

heres the HS reunion thread

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Norwooder, Gaia262, the next o'pry and 4 others
How gay and feminine do you have to be to pick your friends by their looks... If this is you, you’re a loser.

• Woah
Reactions: Dr SmalCox
It has for me. When I worked at a night club last year a lot of straight guys would always be cool with me offer to hook me up with their gf's female friends so we could all go out and hang. Thy would want to hang with me to go pick up girls, and in general were just cool guys around me I had a ton of offers to make male friends.

Also when I went back to my high school reunion being a lot better looking I was accepted as cool by the popular kids, so yeah for me it's easy to make male friends

heres the HS reunion thread

this is eye opening tbh

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder
No it makes it harder

This works two-fold:

yes

bump

what does everyone think?

can you have friends if you are ugly?

my only friends (not that many, but true friends) are all chadlites and im birdcel tier introvert. they're extroverts ofc so guess they enjoy a person who can listen as well

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
my only friends (not that many, but true friends) are all chadlites and im birdcel tier introvert. they're extroverts ofc so guess they enjoy a person who can listen as well
Could you share us their instagrams to know what do they look like as a chadlites?