The rate of success is less than 0.03%

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
I originally wrote this in response to another user's comment but it was so in-depth and blackpilling I decided it deserved its own thread.

Original comment from user @Seth Walsh which prompted the response
True but there's more than 1% of people out there that are smarter than forum users. JFL if you think boomers aren't ultra blackpilled; especially those with kids. They have to behave in a certain way and prioritise safety and stability. Doesn't mean all of them are low IQ. Sure, there's a bunch of uncritical thinkers and retard liberals, but a lot of based people have to camoflauge themselves as normie democrats so to not ruin the lives of their kids any more than necessary. Life experience will blackpill most people except for the ultra low IQ or drug addict types. Some people however have circumstances where it's not preferential for them to try convince others of what they think is objectively true, because it just wont benefit them or anyone around them.
My response
I can understand where you're coming from, and on the surface, what you're saying does seem logical: How could literally 95-99% of humans be worthless idiots?

But stunningly, it IS true.

One of the early blackpills I discovered regarding this was actually when I got into fiction writing several years ago. I'm not going to reveal too much information for privacy reasons, but I'm an online fiction writer who is already in the top 5% most successful on the site I'm writing on, and it wasn't even that hard to accomplish it. In fact, I haven't even published my entire first book on it, or even barely just the half. Yet my views/follower count is already in the thousands. The median follower count on the site is 3. And note, we're talking about full length books. I've seen writers on the site's reddit page pad themselves on the back for obtaining 'over 50 followers' and how it 'only' took them 2 books worth of content. If even a 100 people are reading your shit, you're already in the top 20% or close to it.

But it's actually even MORE pathetic than that.

Why? Because even those talentless idiots are still ahead of the curve compared to the other 97% of writers who fail to even finish their novel at all.

All those shitty stories with hundreds of pages and only 4 followers? Those are the 3% of writers who even had the work ethic to finish their story at all.

So consider this insane data below:

-Only 3% of writers will finish their novel on average.
-Less than 5% of those 3% will publish a story that actually obtains any readership worth a damn.

That means that if some random dipshit sits down right now and starts writing a novel/web story/etc, the statistical chance of him eventually releasing something that other people will legitimately read and enjoy, is less than 0.03%.

The failure rate for writing a even just a semi-passable web novel is 99.97%.

Whoever said "90% of everything is shit" was actually too generous. The VAST majority of normies are unironically completely worthless.
Original thread

• Woah
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: lemonnz, mogstars, murdah and 1 other person
My IQ is 128 officially tested IRL by psychiatrist.

• +1
Reactions: greycel, murdah, <6PSLcel and 1 other person
This is why you are disgusting btw

You just can't help yourself, you NEED to shit out a thread and you WILL cannibalize your older posts for it

Complete fucking loser, narcy subhuman freak, textbook midwit etc etc

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Drawing parallels to black swan by Taleb

My IQ is 128 officially tested IRL by psychiatrist.
Slavs and west af BBCs have a lot in common we are the moggers of the human race we should unite and take revenge on niggas for makin us slaves

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: murdah, <6PSLcel, HTN_Mentalcel and 1 other person
Slavs and west af BBCs have a lot in common we are the moggers of the human race we should unite and take revenge on niggas for makin us slaves
Higher T than cuck whiteboys too. You are right.

• +1
Reactions: murdah, <6PSLcel, HTN_Mentalcel and 1 other person
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: murdah, HTN_Mentalcel and MoggerGaston
Life begins when you’re a multi talented high achiever NT mogger

• +1
Reactions: dopaminebeyondfried
guy who works in niche genre and medium on amateur site realizes he works in a niche genre and medium on an amateur site

You just can't help yourself, you NEED to shit out a thread and you WILL cannibalize your older posts for it

He took my response out of context too. It was about him saying members of this forum are smarter than 99% of the adult population. Nothing about "only 0.03% being successful".
:trepidation:

• +1
Reactions: murdah
guy who works in niche genre and medium on amateur site realizes he works in a niche genre and medium on an amateur site
Becoming successful in a niche genre is even harder you fucking brainlet. Most of the big stories are litrpg and harem bullshit.

U mad?

Becoming successful in a niche genre is even harder you fucking brainlet
Making money is harder, but being popular is easier. Anyone with dedication and talent isn't going to waste time on work for an amateur site that doesn't pay well. So you're competing with retards and the terminally lazy. Ofc they're not going to complete novels or publish anything worth reading. Lol at bragging you're king of the short bus. Do something in a more saturated market to test if you have talent.

• +1
Reactions: murdah
Let’s do it, fuck Anglos and germanicucks

Making money is harder, but being popular is easier. Anyone with dedication and talent isn't going to waste time on work for an amateur site that doesn't pay well. So you're competing with retards and the terminally lazy. Ofc they're not going to complete novels or publish anything worth reading. Lol at bragging you're king of the short bus. Do something in a more saturated market to test if you have talent.
This is false. You're failing to account for authors who use their web fiction to attract people to their patreons, often in exchange for early chapters or bonus content. Many will also later release their stuff on kindle after they've built an audience on the free sites. There are web fiction authors making thousands each month. Traditional publishing is not the powerhouse that it used to be.

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel and HTN_Mentalcel
This is false. You're failing to account for authors who use their web fiction to attract people to their patreons, often in exchange for early chapters or bonus content. Many will also later release their stuff on kindle after they've built an audience on the free sites. There are web fiction authors making thousands each month. Traditional publishing is not the powerhouse that it used to be.
Are you doing that? How much do you make on kindle/patreon? Those are metrics that actually matter. It's like I could publish an infinite number of articles in commercial academic presses because the competition sucks. It only really matters if I publish in prestigious presses because theres real competition there. Lol at thinking you're anything because you get some clicks on an amateur website in a subgenre.

• JFL
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur