Surgerymaxingg

C

Coldblooded

Iron
What makes someone a good oral & maxillofacial surgeon? Ive been trying to do research & find out who is the best for djs & rhinoplasty but everyone seems the same to me? Trying to get this done asap someone please help a bro out

What makes someone a good oral & maxillofacial surgeon? Ive been trying to do research & find out who is the best for djs & rhinoplasty but everyone seems the same to me? Trying to get this done asap someone please help a bro out
alafaro :)

Good reviews would be a good start :)

• +1
Reactions: Coldblooded
I recommend doing a few months of intensive research before going into surgery srs

• +1
Reactions: ALP
  • Good eye for aesthetics, good craniofacial growth and aesthetics go hand in hand.
  • Before & afters that you personally think are good.
  • Short surgery times, shorter recovery and you regain nerve sensation way quicker.
  • Usage of piezoelectric saw to minimize the risk of nerve damage.
  • Does 3D-planning and can show you soft tissue simulations of what the outcome can look like to a certain extent.
  • Can perform CCW.
  • Does not restrict themselves to purely autogenous bonegrafts and are willing to use allogeneic grafts or bone substitute materials such as Hydroxyapatite (HA).
Probably more criterias to look out for, much of it can be found through reading the different surgeons own publications but you must also consult with the surgeons themselves.

• +1
Reactions: beau, ALP, Oberyn and 1 other person
  • Good eye for aesthetics, good craniofacial growth and aesthetics go hand in hand.
  • Short surgery times, shorter recovery and you regain nerve sensation way quicker.
  • Does 3D-planning and can show you soft tissue simulations of what the outcome can look like to a certain extent.
  • Can perform CCW.
  • Does not restrict themselves to purely autogenous bonegrafts and are willing to use allogeneic grafts or bone substitute materials such as Hydroxyapatite (HA).
Probably more criterias to look out for, much of it can be found through reading the different surgeons own publications but you must also consult with the surgeons themselves.
Thanks a lot bro, i appreciate it.

• Can perform CCW.
Can you tell me your thoughts on oral & maxillofacial surgery of chicago? Thats who im leaning towards the most. https://www.ofschicago.com

Can you tell me your thoughts on oral & maxillofacial surgery of chicago? Thats who im leaning towards the most. https://www.ofschicago.com
Never heard of them and their website is impossible to navigate, therefore I can't give you my opinion. I'm assuming you are considering them as they are close to you, schedule an appointment and have them evaluate your case. My recomendation would be to educate yourself prior to seeing any professionals so you can ask important determining questions but if you plan on seeing them without any prior knowledge then make sure to bring either a notebook or a laptop to note what the surgeon has to say. Don't be afraid to ask questions if there is something you don't understand. Note everything down, go home and google everything and try to educate yourself so you don't cluelessly agree to something that you might not agree on.

Good luck.

• Can perform CCW.
What surgeons do you fancy?

Never heard of them and their website is impossible to navigate, therefore I can't give you my opinion. I'm assuming you are considering them as they are close to you, schedule an appointment and have them evaluate your case. My recomendation would be to educate yourself prior to seeing any professionals so you can ask important determining questions but if you plan on seeing them without any prior knowledge then make sure to bring either a notebook or a laptop to note what the surgeon has to say. Don't be afraid to ask questions if there is something you don't understand. Note everything down, go home and google everything and try to educate yourself so you don't cluelessly agree to something that you might not agree on.

Good luck.
Thank you so much, is there anyone that you recommend in particular? You seem like you know your shit

What surgeons do you fancy?
Alfaro
Kasey Li
Raffaini (Focuses mostly on female patients, rarely males)
Ramieri
LACOMS
Augusto Pary
Thank you so much, is there anyone that you recommend in particular? You seem like you know your shit
Since you mentioned you are U.S based in your previous post in this thread, these are some surgeons that I personally think have skilled surgeons who can produce good aesthetic results;

Kasey Li
LACOMS
Gunson (be careful, he has/have had a ton of lawsuits against him)
Wolford

Alfaro
Kasey Li
Ramieri
LACOMS
Augusto Pary

Since you mentioned you are U.S based in your previous post in this thread, these are some surgeons that I personally think have skilled surgeons who can produce good aesthetic results;

Kasey Li
LACOMS
Wolfor
Alfaro
Kasey Li
Ramieri
LACOMS
Augusto Pary

Kasey Li
LACOMS
Wolford
Is Kasey Li your #1?

Is Kasey Li your #1?
I think he produces very aesthetically pleasing results, he is a sleep apnea surgeon however which means that he won't operate on you unless you've taken a sleep study proving you have sleep apnea.

I think he produces very aesthetically pleasing results, he is a sleep apnea surgeon however which means that he won't operate on you unless you've taken a sleep study proving you have sleep apnea.
Interesting, out of everyone arnett gunson looked the best but im just worried about those law suits

Alfaro
Kasey Li
Ramieri
LACOMS
Augusto Pary

Kasey Li
LACOMS
Wolford
Do you maybe know does Augusto do minimally invasive procedure and/or use piezoelectric saw ? what do you think about Nelson Leon ? thank you

Do you maybe know does Augusto do minimally invasive procedure and/or use piezoelectric saw ? what do you think about Nelson Leon ? thank you
I don't know whether Dr. Pary uses piezoelectric saw or not but what I can tell you is that he has trained under Dr. Raffaini who combines piezoelectric devices with reciprocating saw which is something that Dr. Alfaro also does. This could mean that he works with piezoelectric devices if he's been taught under Raffaini. Dr. Pary performs VERY aesthetically pleasing rhinoplasties which he frequently details on his instagram, I'd be surprised if he didn't incorporate piezoelectric devices in his procedures.

For minimally invasive procedure, I haven't seen how he performs his cuts so I can't answer you on that.

Regarding Nelson Leon, I think his results look good, but I can't tell you anything about him as a surgeon.

I'm assuming you're located in South America since you are considering Pary and Leon.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, Deleted member 16371 and therocky
I don't know whether Dr. Pary uses piezoelectric saw or not but what I can tell you is that he has trained under Dr. Raffaini who combines piezoelectric devices with reciprocating saw which is something that Dr. Alfaro also does. This could mean that he works with piezoelectric devices if he's been taught under Raffaini. Dr. Pary performs VERY aesthetically pleasing rhinoplasties which he frequently details on his instagram, I'd be surprised if he didn't incorporate piezoelectric devices in his procedures.

For minimally invasive procedure, I haven't seen how he performs his cuts so I can't answer you on that.

Regarding Nelson Leon, I think his results look good, but I can't tell you anything about him as a surgeon.

I'm assuming you're located in South America since you are considering Pary and Leon.
here is an example of ljs from augusto, I am not sure if that thing he is using is piezo or not looks similar and I don't know about the cuts can you maybe tell if its minimally invasive or not?

I am actually from europe but I hear those surgeons are more affordable so I don't mind traveling. I would love to go with Alfaro but from what I read he is simply too expensive. I was thinking Ramieri but supposedly he is getting up in prices too + doesn't do minimally invasive procedure which I really prefer so at this point I am not sure anymore.

• +1
Reactions: Silver
here is an example of ljs from augusto, I am not sure if that thing he is using is piezo or not looks similar and I don't know about the cuts can you maybe tell if its minimally invasive or not?

I am actually from europe but I hear those surgeons are more affordable so I don't mind traveling. I would love to go with Alfaro but from what I read he is simply too expensive. I was thinking Ramieri but supposedly he is getting up in prices too + doesn't do minimally invasive procedure which I really prefer so at this point I am not sure anymore.

The "minimally invasive" approach doesn't apply to the sagittal split osteotomy as far as I know, it is usually used for the maxilla only. Since the video that you linked only shows BSSO, I can't tell whether he performs minimally invasive incisions or not. Unless BSSO procedure is done endoscopically I can't really think of a way to perform it "minimally invasive" incision-wise.

Minimally invasive is combination of precautions that together become "minimally invasive" such as,
  • Smaller incisions than normal, (maxilla only afaik).
  • Use of piezoelectric scalpel
  • 3D planning
And together this makes the surgery "safer" and greatly reduces the surgery time which in turn leads to less swelling, lessens the risk of nerve damage and leads to quicker recovery.

In the video he is using a piezoelectric saw throughout the entire cut, so yes he does use piezoelectric devices.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, NegativeNorwood and therocky
The "minimally invasive" approach doesn't apply to the sagittal split osteotomy as far as I know, it is usually used for the maxilla only. Since the video that you linked only shows BSSO, I can't tell whether he performs minimally invasive incisions or not. Unless BSSO procedure is done endoscopically I can't really think of a way to perform it "minimally invasive" incision-wise.

Minimally invasive is combination of precautions that together become "minimally invasive" such as,
  • Smaller incisions than normal, (maxilla only afaik).
  • Use of piezoelectric scalpel
  • 3D planning
And together this makes the surgery "safer" and greatly reduces the surgery time which in turn leads to less swelling, lessens the risk of nerve damage and leads to quicker recovery.

In the video he is using a piezoelectric saw throughout the entire cut, so yes he does use piezoelectric devices.
Thank you for the info man!

• +1
Reactions: Silver