Studying tips for SAT & ACT?

countcereal

countcereal

Iron
currently a sophomore going into junior year, I'm planning on spending time every day this summer studying for the sat and act, what's the best way I should go about studying?
also, what's the best way to find out what to study and what to expect?

lol I never took either of those tests and I’m doing just fine

practice tests and active recall

for active recall, find what’s best for you, you can do whatever:

1) anki (spaced repetition, best form of active recall from personal experience)
2) reading notes (time consuming)
3) other forms of flashcards (second best to anki)
4) toggles notes (3rd best to anki but mogs reading normal notes)
5) youtube video + blurting (best for cramming)

for practice tests i would do this:

1) first complete a practice test as long as you’re confident in 60-75% of the content
2) mark the practice test
3) write down your mark on an excel sheet (for tracking over time)
4) screenshot/snip tool the questions you got wrong, paste it into anki alongside the answer on the anki card backside
5) memorise the wrong answers overtime to avoid doing the same mistakes again

leave a few practice tests to do some time before the exams in order to “rejog” your memory in a way

• +1
Reactions: countcereal
  • JFL
Reactions: ManletJordanBarrett, Zonar, Richard Cheese and 2 others
so you’re not doing fine?

that is fine cause it’s the lifestyle I want

I do w/e I want and wake up w/e I want

I don’t work, I live with my dad, and my bro owns the house and doesn’t charge us rent, we just pay bills, etc

that is fine cause it’s the lifestyle I want

I do w/e I want and wake up w/e I want

I don’t work, I live with my dad, and my bro owns the house and doesn’t charge us rent, we just pay bills, etc
whatever floats your boat tbh

i don’t know how you could live with family members for the rest of your life though, if that even is your intention, i would simply perish if i had to

so glad i’m moving out for university next year for my second year :feelstastyman:

• +1
Reactions: Sprinkles
practice tests and active recall

for active recall, find what’s best for you, you can do whatever:

1) anki (spaced repetition, best form of active recall from personal experience)
2) reading notes (time consuming)
3) other forms of flashcards (second best to anki)
4) toggles notes (3rd best to anki but mogs reading normal notes)
5) youtube video + blurting (best for cramming)

for practice tests i would do this:

1) first complete a practice test as long as you’re confident in 60-75% of the content
2) mark the practice test
3) write down your mark on an excel sheet (for tracking over time)
4) screenshot/snip tool the questions you got wrong, paste it into anki alongside the answer on the anki card backside
5) memorise the wrong answers overtime to avoid doing the same mistakes again

leave a few practice tests to do some time before the exams in order to “rejog” your memory in a way
appreciate it a ton
I'm thinking of doing my studying based off of a schedule so I'm not just doing this and that randomly throughout the time, (i.e monday math tuesday reading etc etc) I've heard that act math and reading is pretty much the same as the sat so that seems like a decent idea no?

• +1
Reactions: coispet
appreciate it a ton
I'm thinking of doing my studying based off of a schedule so I'm not just doing this and that randomly throughout the time, (i.e monday math tuesday reading etc etc) I've heard that act math and reading is pretty much the same as the sat so that seems like a decent idea no?
i wouldn’t know i’m a londoncel so my exams were different

i wouldn’t know i’m a londoncel so my exams were different
forgot to mention as well, how often should I be taking practice tests for each

I thought they got rid of the SAT and ACT after that scandal a long while ago?

I thought they got rid of the SAT and ACT after that scandal a long while ago?
maybe it varies from state to state, where I'm from its optional but you'd be retarded to not get a free college admission boost. A lot of major colleges like NYU and BU don't gaf about them. but unless you've dedicated your life to being in the top of your class and/or got money its unlikely your going to either. right now I'm aiming for schools like USF and PSU as they are both high ranked schools w requirements I'm on pace to meet

currently a sophomore going into junior year, I'm planning on spending time every day this summer studying for the sat and act, what's the best way I should go about studying?
also, what's the best way to find out what to study and what to expect?
ritalin, adderall
sleep is very important

• +1
Reactions: countcereal