Sleep is a vicious cycle and I hate it

M

Mealworm

Solstice
Why am I getting the most horrible, horrific sleep ever. I swear, the only thing I ate yesterday was halibut and potatoes (healthy), and juice. I had no screen time 3 hours before bed, no light exposure, and I didn't eat 3 hours before bed, but I woke up multiple times throughout the night, and I don't feel rested despite having 8 to 12 hours of sleep. My Garmin says I have terrible sleep quality too, and my testosterone tanked, and I have no sex drive ffs. I'm starting to get hot flashes, and I have no idea what that means

I have no trouble falling asleep at all, but I wake up multiple times throughout the night, and that's what destroys my sleep. Even if I get 12 hours of sleep but wake up 3 hours into REM randomly, I will stay in that state as if I only slept for 3 hours.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: BrahminBoss, nathan and Sny
anybody got this problem

• +1
Reactions: incelmogger
Same man. Nothing ever works. I always wake up during the night multiple times. Always have. I’ve had sleep disturbances ever since I was little and had nightmares almost every night from like the age of 7-15. Yeah I have complex ptsd, ocd, autism, adhd and shit like that but even when I do all the right things I still get fucked. Perfect diet, supplements, exercise, meds, still nothing. Both my mum and dad are light sleepers too, and my dad is literally a triathlete lmao. He’s done like a dozen half iron mans and big cycling races. Probably a genetic/brain chemistry and hormonal thing.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Same man. Nothing ever works. I always wake up during the night multiple times. Always have. I’ve had sleep disturbances ever since I was little and had nightmares almost every night from like the age of 7-15. Yeah I have complex ptsd, ocd, autism, adhd and shit like that but even when I do all the right things I still get fucked. Perfect diet, supplements, exercise, meds, still nothing. Both my mum and dad are light sleepers too, and my dad is literally a triathlete lmao. He’s done like a dozen half iron mans and big cycling races. Probably a genetic/brain chemistry and hormonal thing.
But this has only been recent. I'm a heavy sleeper, but I'm experiencing these extreme bouts of insomnia out of the blue. I am not stressed, I do not have ADHD, or Asperger's, etc. There should be no reason I can't sleep comfortably, but here I am, trying to figure out what's happening

But this has only been recent. I'm a heavy sleeper, but I'm experiencing these extreme bouts of insomnia out of the blue. I am not stressed, I do not have ADHD, or Asperger's, etc. There should be no reason I can't sleep comfortably, but here I am, trying to figure out what's happening
Could still be a medical issue, or even hormonal, dietary, neurological, neuropsychiatric. There could be a million different things man. Get your bloods done and see a doctor. Get a sleep study. Do you take any stimulants, and what supplements do you take?

Also if you’re having hot flashes that’s a big sign that it could be related to your thyroid, estrogen balance, infection, etc. It still could be stress related though. Even if you don’t think it’s related to diet or that you’re stressed you still could be having OCD type symptoms that are keeping you up and messing with your sleep. And problems with thyroid and estrogen cause stress no matter what, as cortisol is a hormone after all.

Could still be a medical issue, or even hormonal, dietary, neurological, neuropsychiatric. There could be a million different things man. Get your bloods done and see a doctor. Get a sleep study. Do you take any stimulants, and what supplements do you take?
I don’t take any stimulants. I have been taking K2 and vitamin D with vitamin E for 9 months now

Also if you’re having hot flashes that’s a big sign that it could be related to your thyroid, estrogen balance, infection, etc. It still could be stress related though. Even if you don’t think it’s related to diet or that you’re stressed you still could be having OCD type symptoms that are keeping you up and messing with your sleep. And problems with thyroid and estrogen cause stress no matter what, as cortisol is a hormone after all.
I’ll look into it. Thanks for your insight

I really hope it's not something as serious as hyperthyroidism. I hope this is just the lack of sleep messing with my hormones, but I mean, it's better than having permanent thyroid problems.

• +1
Reactions: incelmogger
Sleep is for the weak just sleep when you really need it. I always stay up till like 4 am + doing shut

Why am I getting the most horrible, horrific sleep ever. I swear, the only thing I ate yesterday was halibut and potatoes (healthy), and juice. I had no screen time 3 hours before bed, no light exposure, and I didn't eat 3 hours before bed, but I woke up multiple times throughout the night, and I don't feel rested despite having 8 to 12 hours of sleep. My Garmin says I have terrible sleep quality too, and my testosterone tanked, and I have no sex drive ffs. I'm starting to get hot flashes, and I have no idea what that means

I have no trouble falling asleep at all, but I wake up multiple times throughout the night, and that's what destroys my sleep. Even if I get 12 hours of sleep but wake up 3 hours into REM randomly, I will stay in that state as if I only slept for 3 hours.
Do you suffer from sleep apnea? Is your breathing good? How well do you think your nose performs?

• +1
Reactions: incelmogger and normie_joe
Do you suffer from sleep apnea? Is your breathing good? How well do you think your nose performs?
I don’t snore and have never snored

Have you thought about going for a sleep study?

Well, this has only been happening for a couple of weeks, so no. In my life, I've had bouts of moderate insomnia, but nothing like this.

It's crazy how much this shit ruins your life. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm just tired. I don't binge, I eat correctly, and I do everything so right, and I've been doing it for weeks, but nothing has worked.

Brutal bro. I too have sleep problems. Mainly because of my nose.

You could try a magnesium supplement. I think it help me to sleep better:Comfy:.

You could try a magnesium supplement. I think it help me to sleep better:Comfy:.
I was taking zopiclone for a while, but they weren't prescribed to me. I was taking them from my father, who didn't need them but found out (the only reason being he couldn't take them with his whiskey to get high) and locked them away

Just to be sure. Why don't you try an app called Sleep Cycle? It records every sound when you sleep. It could be helpful to detect if you snore. I mean, there could some sort of problem with your throat. But yeah, as you describe it, it is very weird you are not getting good sleep. It could a mental trauma too.

It could be helpful to lower your cortisol levels before going to sleep.

Just to be sure. Why don't you try an app called Sleep Cycle? It records every sound when you sleep. It could be helpful to detect if you snore. I mean, there could some sort of problem with your throat. But yeah, as you describe it, it is very weird you are not getting good sleep. It could a mental trauma too.
Alright, I'll try it, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with sleep apnea. But what do I have to lose

I was taking zopiclone for a while, but they weren't prescribed to me. I was taking them from my father, who didn't need them but found out (the only reason being he couldn't take them with his whiskey to get high) and locked them away
Could be withdrawals bro. How long have you been off and how long were you taking it for? Z drugs work on GABAa receptors similar to how benzos do, and bind to the same site. If you only stopped recently and built a tolerance/dependence to the drug, which would be the case if you were taking it daily, your brain gets used to the presence of the drug to maintain a balance between neuronal inhibition (GABA) and excitation (Glutamate) so they function normally. For your brain to adapt, down-regulation of GABAA receptors occurs and their sensitivity to GABA is reduced. So as time goes on, the more the balance between GABA and glutamate is disrupted, and the worse the withdrawals will be since your nervous system is scrambling and doesn’t know what to do and how to properly regulate neurotransmitter function without the drug. If you want I could go more in depth about how GABA, Glutamate, benzos and z drugs work. Insomnia is a very common withdrawal symptom with any psych or street drug.

Last edited:
Try a night light. Makes you feel safe <3