should I keep lifting if I want to grow taller?

0steotomy

Silver
I saw people saying on here just to not lift and I’m wondering if this is true or not. I’m confused also because my dads brother that was a gymcel was 6’1 at his tallest and my dad at his tallest was 5’11 and he would lift occasionally

so if want to grow to my max potential, should I continue lifting?

• +1
Reactions: say∅
Solution
BhaiCoper
If I quit lifting what should I do?

should I do sprinting and jumping? i think jumping puts too much pressure on the epiphyseal plate tho
keep lifting but no hardcore gymcope bs, keep it light and moderate with easy - medium weights but only lift 3x a week
avoid deadlifts, squats, overhead press. Megadose protein if you are still going to lift, so enough nutrients going to both muscles and bones than only muscles
i'd say lift but chase aesthetic like david laid and dont egolift

Generally, its okay to do some moderate exercise if you want to grow taller. The problem with being a "gymcel" comes from two things. Firstly, you are compressing your spine doing certain lifts such as the squat. That has an immediate effect of reducing your height. Secondly, you are causing immunological and physical stress to your body. It forces your body to focus on building muscle rather than bone.

This is okay if you have proper recovery and macro/micro nutrition. But I guarantee you don't. Studies have shown that even athletes have 1-2 micronutrient deficiencies. Your need for zinc, magnesium, calcium, protein, carb, etc. goes up with frequent strenuous exercise. Beneficial thing is you can temporarily spike your hgh with some exercises. For the most part, its okay to do some pushups, pullups, etc. but going gymcel is almost always going to negatively impact your health especially if your recovery is poor (which is true for 99.9% of people). Especially with soil depletion, your creating a very hard task for your body to manage bone growth and muscle growth.

• +1
Reactions: 0steotomy
yea might do that cuz I want to keep lifting

That’s kinda what my uncle did cuz he wanted to be a bodybuilder
just dont fuck your body up with tren and other suplements (creatine,protien are okay)

recovery is poor
yea it generally is during the school year since i have to be on the bus at 6 and school at 7 :feelswhy:

Been doing this since 7th grade so probably missed out on a couple inches just bc of this

I saw people saying on here just to not lift and I’m wondering if this is true or not. I’m confused also because my dads brother that was a gymcel was 6’1 at his tallest and my dad at his tallest was 5’11 and he would lift occasionally

so if want to grow to my max potential, should I continue lifting?
just dont do what i did and do heavy ass squats and deadlifts

just dont do what i did and do heavy ass squats and deadlifts
yea I’ve been trying to cut those out because I used to do low reps heavy weight

you think if I just did moderate weight like for 8-10 reps that would be fine?

yea I’ve been trying to cut those out because I used to do low reps heavy weight

you think if I just did moderate weight like for 8-10 reps that would be fine?
id do 10-15 instead

• +1
No, gymcelled hard and stunted my growth, some issues where ur muscles are too tight for growth plates can arise and
lots of nutrients anf igf-1 directed to muscle hypertrophy than growing bones.

reccomend 3x a week not too heavy and light work outs.

• +1
No, gymcelled hard and stunted my growth, some issues where ur muscles are too tight for growth plates can arise and
lots of nutrients anf igf-1 directed to muscle hypertrophy than growing bones.

reccomend 3x a week not too heavy and light work outs.

should I do sprinting and jumping? i think jumping puts too much pressure on the epiphyseal plate tho and can cause it to close early

should I do sprinting and jumping? i think jumping puts too much pressure on the epiphyseal plate tho
keep lifting but no hardcore gymcope bs, keep it light and moderate with easy - medium weights but only lift 3x a week
avoid deadlifts, squats, overhead press. Megadose protein if you are still going to lift, so enough nutrients going to both muscles and bones than only muscles

• +1
Solution
Alr thanks

Lifting weights won’t change your final height. Your uncle draw a luckier hand at height genes than your dad and its just that simple. Your growth velocity would even be higher if you gymcel natty I think.

• +1
Lifting weights won’t change your final height. Your uncle draw a luckier hand at height genes than your dad and its just that simple. Your growth velocity would even be higher if you gymcel natty I think.
Yea I’ll probably just follow the way my uncle trained kind of since he never really did heavy weights according to my father. Anyways thank you