My stance on religion

S

sweetheart

Tsar
I have no soul, and after death I will not get anywhere. I am an atheist to the core.

I do not believe in God.

Without these hypocritical “well, something is probably still there.” Without the flirtatious "ah, I'm a little bit agnostic."

No. I don't allow any of that. I am very satisfied with the biological model of the world. Physics, astronomy, mathematics. Psychology. I am quite comfortable within the framework that science creates. Because I see the confirmation of words by deeds. If there is gravity, I see how the notorious apple falls down. I am not forced to believe - they show me the whole mechanism from beginning to end.

And it doesn't annoy me at all that someone isn't an atheist. It doesn't matter to me if someone draws a caricature of atheists, if someone makes a nasty movie about atheists, or if someone writes a caustic song about them. I won't be offended, I won't hold a grudge, and I certainly won't go and kill anyone for it. If it's funny to someone that I don't believe in any of the many gods that mankind has, let them laugh at themselves. To health! I agree to be funny in that case. Look - I do not bow to the old man drawn on the board! I do not bring fruit and flowers to an earthenware statue! I don't read messages in a language I don't understand to a person I don't know, whom I should love more than anything in the world. Here I am stupid. Ha ha ha! Laugh at me!

I am ready, right now, in the twenty-first century, to confess that I do not believe in devils, or angels, or the resurrecting dead, or other miracles. And I'm not ashamed. In principle, I have no such need - to believe. I am quite satisfied with what I know and what can be learned, what can be touched and what can be seen with my own eyes. I don’t know how to “see with my heart” and “feel with my soul”, and I absolutely don’t need it.

I have no soul, and after death I will not go anywhere. The atoms of which I am now composed will simply disintegrate and re-mix with the atoms of the rest of the universe. What more immortality do you need? Personally, I don't need more. Completely satisfied with this arrangement.

I will not sue you because my worldview is funny to you, I will not block traffic for you, because of my religious holiday, I will not congratulate you on anything, I will not wait for congratulations in return, I will not urge you to accept my faith, I will not accuse you of inferiority, only because you do not adhere to my religious views. And I do not know of any war started by atheists in the name of the triumph of atheism. I do not know of a single terrorist attack committed for the glory of atheism.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
DNRD

• +1
Reactions: Eternal_, ggg.tv and Autismcel
Religious people are primitives. Atheism is for highly evolved non primitive people.

• +1
Reactions: sweetheart
I have no soul, and after death I will not get anywhere. I am an atheist to the core.

I do not believe in God.

Without these hypocritical “well, something is probably still there.” Without the flirtatious "ah, I'm a little bit agnostic."

No. I don't allow any of that. I am very satisfied with the biological model of the world. Physics, astronomy, mathematics. Psychology. I am quite comfortable within the framework that science creates. Because I see the confirmation of words by deeds. If there is gravity, I see how the notorious apple falls down. I am not forced to believe - they show me the whole mechanism from beginning to end.

And it doesn't annoy me at all that someone isn't an atheist. It doesn't matter to me if someone draws a caricature of atheists, if someone makes a nasty movie about atheists, or if someone writes a caustic song about them. I won't be offended, I won't hold a grudge, and I certainly won't go and kill anyone for it. If it's funny to someone that I don't believe in any of the many gods that mankind has, let them laugh at themselves. To health! I agree to be funny in that case. Look - I do not bow to the old man drawn on the board! I do not bring fruit and flowers to an earthenware statue! I don't read messages in a language I don't understand to a person I don't know, whom I should love more than anything in the world. Here I am stupid. Ha ha ha! Laugh at me!

I am ready, right now, in the twenty-first century, to confess that I do not believe in devils, or angels, or the resurrecting dead, or other miracles. And I'm not ashamed. In principle, I have no such need - to believe. I am quite satisfied with what I know and what can be learned, what can be touched and what can be seen with my own eyes. I don’t know how to “see with my heart” and “feel with my soul”, and I absolutely don’t need it.

I have no soul, and after death I will not go anywhere. The atoms of which I am now composed will simply disintegrate and re-mix with the atoms of the rest of the universe. What more immortality do you need? Personally, I don't need more. Completely satisfied with this arrangement.

I will not sue you because my worldview is funny to you, I will not block traffic for you, because of my religious holiday, I will not congratulate you on anything, I will not wait for congratulations in return, I will not urge you to accept my faith, I will not accuse you of inferiority, only because you do not adhere to my religious views. And I do not know of any war started by atheists in the name of the triumph of atheism. I do not know of a single terrorist attack committed for the glory of atheism.
Essay tbh

Nice hitchenspasta