Lower jaw too small for teeths.

Juris

Juris

Bronze
My case is that my lower jaw is not wide enough.
I pernamently bite my cheeks and my wisdom teeths are not fully out of gums. They stunt half growth and are pointed outside and cause me pain too.
Is there any surgery or what i can do to improve this shit? Maybe braces? To pull the wisdom teeth in right position and widen the palate?
Because i dont want wisdom teeth to be pulled out. It will recess me even more.
Sorry im not english speaker so it is not perfectly typed...

• +1
Reactions: Moggie and justinzayn
I pernamently bite my cheeks and my wisdom teeths are not fully out of gums. They stunt half growth and are pointed outside and cause me pain too.
Is there any surgery or what i can do to improve this shit? Maybe braces? To pull the wisdom teeth in right position and widen the palate?
The cause is u think regular sleep on sides since i was little. It caused my ramus on both sides to grow inside . My ramus is long but the angle is too much pointed to inside. And jawline is connected to ramus so palate is small due to this. Is there surgery to make the ramus in healthy angle and jawline connected to it so it serves health purpose and looks too? Will braces help the jawline and ramus widen too?

The cause is u think regular sleep on sides since i was little. It caused my ramus on both sides to grow inside . My ramus is long but the angle is too much pointed to inside. And jawline is connected to ramus so palate is small due to this. Is there surgery to make the ramus in healthy angle and jawline connected to it so it serves health purpose and looks too? Will braces help the jawline and ramus widen too?
Braces won’t widen jaw. You should consult a facial surgeon

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27772
You probably have a very narrow maxilla which is the cause of a lot of pain, suffering, and agony in your life. A palate expander or some form of jaw/maxilla surgery is what you might need.

Maxilla is a very big bone so it does affect a lot of things

• +1
Reactions: Racky
You probably have a very narrow maxilla which is the cause of a lot of pain, suffering, and agony in your life. A palate expander or some form of jaw/maxilla surgery is what you might need.

My nose bridge is like non existent and i have dark circles under eyes due the lack of bone so my maxilla is underdeveloped. I have tongue tie that i discovered just some time ago have a big cause of the recession. All my life i have just the tip of tongue on roof of my mouth.
Do you think there is some hope for me to grow some bones? Because for example my cheekbones are very wide but they lack forward growth. I have good base. And cost of surgeries?

Also im 20 years old so it might be too late for me .

Not too late for jaw surgery. Palate expanders can work in adults too
But isnt the result will look odd? If my cheekbones and nose is recessed and i will get jaw surgery how can i fix the cheekbones mid face growth?

But isnt the result will look odd? If my cheekbones and nose is recessed and i will get jaw surgery how can i fix the cheekbones mid face growth?
Yes unfortunately surgeries can only fix some of the results of craniofacial dystrophy. You would need separate procedures to fix cheekbones. The best surgery for you might be lefort 3, but it is relatively risky and most surgeons won’t perform it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27772
Yes unfortunately surgeries can only fix some of the results of craniofacial dystrophy. You would need separate procedures to fix cheekbones. The best surgery for you might be lefort 3, but it is relatively risky and most surgeons won’t perform it
My tongue tie was holding middle and back of tongue whole life to being on the palate. So thats maybe cause of bad mid face growrth. If i get it done so my tongue can mew 24/7 how it should. How much of forward growth in milimetres i can achieve? Im 20.

Are you lacking bone mass? If so, braces cannot fix it as they can shift the jaw but not increase it.

unfortunately there arent really any procedures to make the actual floor (lower arch/mandible bone) of the mouth wider
bimax can only move the jaw forwards and upwards
chinwing will give you some extra width but not enought
though you do have MSDO (mandibular symphyseal distraction osteogenesis) but thats utterly barbaric and seemingly painful
MSE may give you a slightly wider lower palate bc the mandible does seem to follow the maxilla

the only non cope solution imo is camouflage orthodontics, so braces essentially
wont fix the narrow mandible but will give you a more aesthetic non cooked smile

unfortunately there arent really any procedures to make the actual floor (lower arch/mandible bone) of the mouth wider
though you do have MSDO (mandibular symphyseal distraction osteogenesis) but thats utterly barbaric and seemingly painful
MSE may give you a slightly wider lower palate bc the mandible does seem to follow the maxilla

the only non cope solution imo is camouflage orthodontics, so braces essentially
wont fix the narrow mandible but will give you a more aesthetic non cooked smile
Yeah so im basically fucked🤣

Can i send you pictures of myself and can you tell me how bad it is?

you can just pull your jaw?

Are you lacking bone mass? If so, braces cannot fix it as they can shift the jaw but not increase it.
Im not lacking bone mass at lower jaw it is just pressured towards inside because i was sleeping on sides my whole life. If my teeth shape is like V and braces will make them more rounder shape like U it will make palate wider no? If they make wider smile it will make wider palate and he bones will come too little

• +1
Reactions: untouchable_coper
i facepull my jaw sometimes
Like this guy you see he have chin then it goes slightly upwards and then connects to the ramus in angle creating the angular look

Attachments

• E4285761-6E45-4672-AFA8-E9951022E8CD.jpeg
    E4285761-6E45-4672-AFA8-E9951022E8CD.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 0
i facepull my jaw sometimes
And mine is due to side sleeping pushed too much inside i have the lenght for the look but artificially the bone is pushed inside due to pressure thats was not meant to be there

Attachments

• 7F2D709C-D5B5-4B05-9D6E-C33CCD6645CD.jpeg
    7F2D709C-D5B5-4B05-9D6E-C33CCD6645CD.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: gribsufer1
And mine is due to side sleeping pushed too much inside i have the lenght for the look but artificially the bone is pushed inside due to pressure thats was not meant to be there
So my whole lower jaw is smaller like 0.2-0.5 cm on both sides and upper jaw is connected to it so it goes to shit too

facepullimg would work for you youre counteracting that

My nose bridge is like non existent and i have dark circles under eyes due the lack of bone so my maxilla is underdeveloped. I have tongue tie that i discovered just some time ago have a big cause of the recession. All my life i have just the tip of tongue on roof of my mouth.
Do you think there is some hope for me to grow some bones? Because for example my cheekbones are very wide but they lack forward growth. I have good base. And cost of surgeries?
Yea i believe tongue tie can really mess up the jaw, it probably fucked up your palate. And you probably have a narrow maxilla now if you had a tongue tie since birth

You said you have wide zygos which is good. But the main things you should worry about are Jaw and eyes, even if you fix the other issues, if you have subpar jaw and eyes, your going to be pretty handicapped.

• +1
Reactions: Racky and whiteissuperior