A high school student stabbed his peers, but he lacked the courage to commit suicide

Hardrada

Hardrada

Worship Nature
Stabbing four members of his school and class was probably an unconscious but desperate attempt, if not to take revenge, then to draw attention to those humiliations and abuses that he had suffered in silence until now.

This is what ventspils criminal police investigator Kristīne Krilovska allowed when assessing the attack of Gat Lagzdiņš, a 10th-grade student of Ventspils 1st gymnasium, on his peers that happened on Tuesday morning. The boy has been detained, but the injuries of the victims of the attack are not life-threatening, and they were allowed to go home after receiving help. The young man got inspiration for the crime from a movie about a similar attack committed in the spring of 1999 at Columbine High School in the USA.

The reason is older and deeper.

Gatis studied at the 1st gymnasium since the 7th grade, he did not stand out either with excellent results or bad behavior, he was one of the quietest students. So far, neither parents nor teachers have ever complained that someone would hurt him, said the director of the educational institution Pārsla Kopmane.

"It was not a reckoning with specific culprits, because none of the victims had a conflict with Gati, but most likely, the young man's spontaneous behavior led to a state of affect due to some side circumstances, the reason of which is much deeper and older," K. Krilovska believes. Gat's mother, 1st gymnasium teacher Antanina Lagzdiņa, strongly doubted the version that had already appeared in the mass media that her son was driven to violence by the aggressive computer games he was addicted to. "When Gatis studied at another school, he was not one of the physically strongest in the class, he wore glasses and said that the strongest ones used to trip him on purpose to amuse himself with the acenes that fell to the ground," the mother named only one of the possible reasons, because her son is not used to what he experienced at school whine

Acted as in the movie

How Dienai managed to find out, Gati was more fascinated by movies than computer games. He published a list of his favorite movies on the Internet, among which several are about how teenagers take revenge on their schoolmates by killing them.

"In the 10th grade, children from different schools come together, many of them he didn't know at all, he didn't complain about being picked on," the mother said, allowing for the teenager's stubbornness and desire to solve problems after understanding them. Together with the new class, the boy has already managed to go on a hike and after that he said that he seems to be lucky with his friends. "But of course, no one at school was interested in what was really on his mind, and I couldn't guess his thoughts either," the mother admits.

"My classmate Raiti and I were walking along the corridor to our class. I saw a boy open the door of one of the classrooms, come towards me and, without saying anything, hit me in the chest with his hand. I didn't even notice that there was a knife in my hand, I didn't feel any pain, only after a while I saw, that there is a hole in the jacket and shirt and a wound in the chest," said one of the injured high school students. Only later did he learn that before that Gatis had also silently hit two other boys and one girl in his class.

Arrested at the computer

After the attack, Gatis went home, where he was later arrested by the police. At that time, the young man was sitting at the computer, looking through the draugiem.lv portal.

D. Willemsons said that the shocked students started screaming, biology teacher Irīna Ivane tried to call the attacker and repel him with the teaching poster she had at hand at the time, but when the boy ran out of the classroom, she started tending to the children's wounds. "I'm not a hero and I don't want to talk about what happened," the biology teacher told Diena.

K. Krilovska recounted what Gat said - the young man experienced that neither the teachers nor the classmates are absolutely not interested in how each of the students feels, because many of them are insulted and humiliated, perhaps imperceptibly, and are misunderstood by their parents. The mother agreed that her son acted in a state of emotion at the time of the crime, but he had prepared for it in advance by marking the body with paint and specially putting on a completely black layer of clothes.

As Ieva Rekšņa, head of the press and public relations department of the State Police, told Diena, the young man had seen his crime in a movie. Following the script of the film, he also intended to commit suicide, but he did not have the courage to do so. I. Reksņa refused to name which film directly served as a source of inspiration for Gat. Day concluded that this movie was American History X, which ranked first on Gat's list of favorite movies. Like the main character of this film, Gatis also had a swastika drawn on his chest.

Gat has been charged with hooliganism if it involves causing bodily harm to the victim. The Criminal Code provides for a prison sentence of up to seven years for such an offense.

Films that prompted

Some US films that the attacker had recommended others to watch on the portal draugiem.lv

. In April 1999, two teenagers, armed with weapons, killed 12 schoolmates and one teacher, 24 other students were injured.

Elephant - a film based on the Columbine High School tragedy. Two teenagers go to school and start shooting their classmates.

American History X - the film takes place in the United States and tells the story of the struggle of white youth against blacks. In one of the scenes, a group of black students shoot the main character of the film in the school toilet, who tries to stop them from attacking a white classmate. The film stands out for its particularly detailed depiction of violence, gaining the status of a cult film among young people in the United States and Europe.

Bowling for Columbine - a film about the massacre at Columbine High School, made by American documentary cult director Michael Moore. In April 1999, two teenagers, armed with weapons, killed 12 schoolmates and one teacher, 24 other students were injured.

The Elephant is a film based on the Columbine High School tragedy. Two teenagers go to school and start shooting their classmates.

American History X - the film takes place in the United States and tells the story of the struggle of white youth against blacks. In one of the scenes, a group of black students shoot the main character of the film in the school toilet, who tries to stop them from attacking a white classmate. The film stands out for its particularly detailed depiction of violence, gaining the status of a cult film among young people in the United States and Europe.

comments:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Orvka381, ascension and deadstock
Psychiatrists in the hospital will decide the future of the student cutter

The boy, who on the morning of October 3rd in Ventspils 1st gymnasium had a bloody showdown with his classmates, is undergoing a psychiatric examination - only now has he begun to realize what he has done.

After spending a couple of weeks in the psycho-neurological hospital in Jelgava, Gatis sent his mother a text message - mom, I don't fit in here, you can stay crazy here. "But I'm afraid to tell him that a mental institution is a hundred times better than prison," admits Antanina Lagzdiņa. The lawyer also said that the boy's future will largely be determined by the medical opinion about his mental health. It will become known in three weeks at the earliest, and until then experts do not comment on their patient's ability to act. The mother has been allowed to see her son, and now she is finally starting to think that the boy understands what he has done.
In the meantime, life at Ventspils 1st gymnasium has outwardly returned to the old tracks, however, as the deputy director Ligita Priekule admits, everyone here is tense after what happened. She is reluctant to talk about the incident the day before yesterday, when a folding knife was confiscated from a sixth-grade student. There was no incident, but the classmates considered it necessary to inform the teacher of this fact, and in accordance with the new rules of internal order, the duramai was confiscated.
After the blood drama that took place in the gymnasium, the employees of the local crisis center Paspārne volunteered to provide moral assistance to the schoolchildren, and for three days they waited for someone who would need it. However, out of 10 people who experienced the Gatha's eruption, none came. Psychologist Antonina Zéberga admits that this help came too late, and it also indirectly confirms what Gat's mother said: "There is no point in a school psychologist coming to give a lecture once a month. It's just a tick." Just now, a similar case happened in a school in Lithuania - a student attacked his classmates in a fit of aggression. A. Söberga thinks that the era is largely to blame: "Stress is getting more and more, technology is developing. All this tension creates overload for people." Gatis had been warning about the intention to take revenge on his peers for several years. From the first grade he was ridiculed and humiliated. On the morning of October 3, emotions burst forth. Attacking with two knives during the lesson, he injured four students, besides, as can be understood from the mother's story, not those who hurt her son. According to her, the boy had developed a phobia - fear of absolutely all his peers.

• +1
Reactions: Orvka381

• JFL
Reactions: ascension
Stabbing four members of his school and class was probably an unconscious but desperate attempt, if not to take revenge, then to draw attention to those humiliations and abuses that he had suffered in silence until now.
View attachment 2905561
Let's hope this young man learned his lesson and changed his life around, how is he doing now, btw?

• JFL
Reactions: Hardrada
Let's hope this young man learned his lesson and changed his life around, how is he doing now, btw?
hes somewhere in either south america or south east asia hiding from the police with his daughter and his wife no one has heard of or seen in a year after hiring two hitmen in the netherlands to set his exes house on fire, acid attack her and kill her son.

• Woah
Reactions: Orvka381 and Gonthar
@Lefty Rankin is this sea or south america?

An inspiration to ALL OF US
HEs literally me

The case is being worked on extremely slow if even at all. He could have been caught long time ago
what i was thinking. he was already out of europe when it happened tho i think. i dont think the court cares for gatis they think theyve done their job for catching the ppl who were paid and/or blackmailed to do it and since he hasnt done anything again for so long and is so far away they arent gonna go out of their way to arrest him like itll only happen if he tries to move countries or gets caught for something else by coincidence.

turkey toms documentary could change things maybe

• +1
Reactions: deadstock
what i was thinking. he was already out of europe when it happened tho i think. i dont think the court cares for gatis they think theyve done their job for catching the ppl who were paid and/or blackmailed to do it and since he hasnt done anything again for so long and is so far away they arent gonna go out of their way to arrest him like itll only happen if he tries to move countries or gets caught for something else by coincidence.

turkey toms documentary could change things maybe
You're prolly right. I don't know all the details

But i remember seeing some leaked documents saying his new gf was actually in the netherlands during the attack

Also the police wasn't able to arrest the muslims after the acid attack? And they even managed to set lunas house on fire months after? And what now? They are still free? It's ridiculous

You're prolly right. I don't know all the details

But i remember seeing some leaked documents saying his new gf was actually in the netherlands during the attack

Also the police wasn't able to arrest the muslims after the acid attack? And they even managed to set lunas house on fire months after? And what now? They are still free? It's ridiculous
whos still free?

The muslims (belles ex and daughter)
i dunno who they r. you mean the two ppl who attacked luna were muslims? one of them being belles ex? and theyre free men? i thought the news said they were captured? or are they on bail?

i dunno who they r. you mean the two ppl who attacked luna were muslims? one of them being belles ex? and theyre free men? i thought the news said they were captured? or are they on bail?
Yes belles ex is a muslim and he threw acid on luna together with his daughter

So far i don't think either of them has been sentenced. And if they do it's prolly gonna be like 1 or 2 years max

Yes belles ex is a muslim and he threw acid on luna together with his daughter

So far i don't think either of them has been sentenced. And if they do it's prolly gonna be like 1 or 2 years max
a white Muslim or arab Muslim? i woulda thought they goin for way more years

i wonder how the kid gon b doin

he was a htn, what a waste jfl

imagine going er when ur still htn
the pic is of a victim not of the guy who went er

this is the guy who did it: